st: Re: New Resource for Using R with Stata

From   "Rob Kabacoff" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: New Resource for Using R with Stata
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:39:14 -0400

I seem to have started a discussion on which is better, R or Stata, which is fine, but was not my intention. I think that they both have their strengths and limitations. I typically use Stata, SAS, SPSS, R, and even Systat on a regular basis, depending on what I am trying to do. Every package has its strengths. I think that R compliments Stata well, and since it is free and available on PC, Mac, and Linux, it is a valuable resource for students. That is why I created the training site - to help people already using Stata to be able to add R functionality easily when desired.

Rob
----

Rob Kabacoff, Ph.D.
www.statmethods.net