Survey Data Analysis Using Stata
This course covers how to use Stata for survey data analysis assuming a
fixed population. It begins by reviewing the sampling methods used to collect
survey data, and then discusses how they act in the estimation of totals,
ratios, and regression coefficients. It then covers variance estimation
methods implemented in Stata’s survey estimation commands. The course
will also cover strata with a single sampling unit, certainty sampling units,
subpopulation estimation, and poststratification.
Interactive Stata sessions are dispersed between lectures.
Price: $1,295 Enroll now.
We offer a 15% discount for group enrollments of three or more participants.
Please contact us at
email@example.com for details.
- Sampling design characteristics
- Cluster sampling
- Stratified sampling
- Sampling without replacement
- Regression with survey data
- Variance estimation
- Balanced repeated replication (BRR)
- Special types of sampling units
- Strata with a single sampling unit
- Certainty units
- Restricted sample and subpopulation estimation
Attendees of this workshop will walk away with the following knowledge:
- The difference between Stata’s standard estimation commands and
svy estimation commands
- How to create SRS and stratified samples from available lists
- How to use Stata’s svyset command to identify the survey
characteristics present in the dataset. These characteristics include:
- Sampling units at each sampling stage
- Strata at each sampling stage
- Sampling fractions used in the finite population correction when
units are sampled with out replacement at each sampling stage
- Replication weight variables
- Poststrata and their associated sizes
- How to handle certainty units
- The available choices for handling strata with one sampling unit
- The difference between restricted sample estimation and subpopulation
Knowledge of Stata is not required, but attendees are assumed to have some
statistical knowledge, such as what is typically covered in an introductory
statistics course. This workshop is geared toward data analysis
professionals who are not familiar with the survey data features in Stata.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be notified of future training sessions.
Enrollment is limited.