Windows 98/95/2000/NT updates
Stata 6 for Windows 98/95/2000/NT — 15 Aug 2000 update:
- You must already have Stata 6 for Windows installed on your computer. Be
sure that you are not currently running Stata.
- Click to copy one or more of the files above. Save the file in C:\STATA
(i.e., wherever you installed Stata). Do not change the filename.
- Exit your browser (if you wish).
- Go to your Stata directory C:\STATA or wherever you previously installed
Stata. Assume you downloaded WSTATA.BIN. Then,
- Rename the old WSTATA.EXE to WSTATA.OLD.
- Rename the new WSTATA.BIN to WSTATA.EXE.
- Try Stata. (You do not have to reinitialize your license or
- If there are no transmission errors, it will work. You can erase the old
executable when you wish.