st: RE: how to plot growth curves from two separate multilevel models in one graph

From   "W.O.Johnson" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: how to plot growth curves from two separate multilevel models in one graph
Date   Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:12:25 +0100

Hi Nick,

I want to fit two MLM growth models (weight age log_age inverse_age plus covariates) using the xtmixed command in stata to two different samples. Fitting the models is no problem, but I can not find a way to plot the mean constant growth curves for each sample in one graph. The command I am using to produce a growth curve is 'twoway (function weight = _b[_cons] + _b[age]*(x) + _b[log_age]*ln(x) +_b[inverse_age]*1/(x)'. The problem is that as soon as I fit the second model the parameter estimates are changed??

Will

Dr William Johnson

Research Associate
Centre for Global Health and Human Development
School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
Loughborough University
Leicestershire
LE11 3TU
United Kingdom