st: RE: statalist-digest V4 #2999

From   Marc Pelath <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: statalist-digest V4 #2999
Date   Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:57:14 -0500

Hi Luis,

Multinomial logits are no good?  Jenkins only notes that it's "rather complex" in the case where the data is interval-censored, and [this is implied] the intervals are long relative to the timescale of variation in the hazard rates.  From your description, it's not obvious that this is the problem.

Best,
Marc Pelath

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:52:02 +0100
From: "Luis Ortiz" <[email protected]>
Subject: st: Competing risks models with discrete time data

Dear Statalisters,

I am running an event-history (survival) analysis with discrete time (panel)
data. My risk period may potentially end in different, concurring events.
They might not be independent. I am almost sure they are not.

It seems that modelling competing risks with discrete time data is "rather
complex". Stephen Jenkins says so in one of its lessons, generously provided
on-line.

Do you happen to know if STATA10 provides any improvement in this regard;
that is, if there is any improvement that allows for modelling competing
risks with discrete time panel data?

Many thanks for your attention

Luis Ortiz