RE: st: Using 2 stage Heckmen Sample Selection with Lags in STATA

Subject   RE: st: Using 2 stage Heckmen Sample Selection with Lags in STATA
Date   Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:41:35 +0100

Seema,

<snip>

> As far as the Hausman test goes, I used the same model that I
> intend to use in my analysis (bilateral trade as a function
> of gdps, populations, distance, contiguity, membership of
> agreements, infrastructure indices etc) and tested for fixed
> effects, then random effects. therefore
>
> xtreg dependentvar independentvar1 independentvar2
> independentvar3 ... , fe then xtreg dependentvar
> independentvar1 independentvar2 independentvar3 ... , re
>
> having stored both these, i went on to do the hausman test
> and got an insignificant P-value, therefore justifying the
> use of random effects model.

FYI, xtoverid, available from ssc-ideas in the usual way, will do
heteroskedastic and/or cluster-robust Hausman-type tests afer xtreg.

Cheers,
Mark