st: RE: RE: -outreg2- in Stata 10

From   "roy wada" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: -outreg2- in Stata 10
Date   Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:58:08 -0700

Nick is correct that at least one verion of -outreg2- is missing a
version control statement in one of its subroutines. I was a little
preoccupied at the time, or at least that's my excuse for misisng
it.

-version- has to be issued for every subroutine.

The lastest version of -outreg2- has this problem fixed. The
-replace- option is needed for a complete replacement to
occur.

. ssc install outreg2, replace

Someone at Stata Corp did warn me about the scheduled
disappearance of -index- command, which is how the omission
was first pointed out to me.

I always thought -index- sounded much better than -strpos-.
For some reason the newer commands just don't sound as
good as the older one. Weren't there some marketing scinence
for choosing the sexiest, brawnest names for everything?

Roy

Nick said:
It so happens that at least one subroutine
of -outreg2- lacks a -version- statement by a small accident. Thus the program is being run under Stata 10. My guess
is that it needs a -version 8.2- statement.
Richard said:
To clarify though: does the -version- command only apply to
the subroutine that contains it? i.e. you can't just say version
8.2 in the first routine, it needs to be in every subroutine as
well? I thought you just had to do it the first time, but apparently
that is not the case, you need to do it in every subroutine.
Manos said:
use auto
logit foreign turn weight trunk
mfx2, varlist(trunk) at(rep78=3) stub(test) mfx2, varlist(weight) at(rep78=3) stub(test2)
outreg2 [test_mfx test2_mfx] using test., replace excel

In Stata/SE 9.2 the above commands works fine.

Has the syntax changed for Stata/SE 10 or am I doing something wrong?
Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!� http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/