Re: st: ram memory: microsoft fix does not work

From   Roberto Mura <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ram memory: microsoft fix does not work
Date   Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:52:28 +0000

Dear Michael, thank you for your kind email.
Indeed I was not aware that the 1.2G is some sort of standard benchmark.
I am glad to hear that the hotfix by Microsoft works at least in some
machines.
I am afraid it did not have this effect on  mine. What lead me to
believe it to be ineffective is that I could set memory 1195m before
the hotfix and after.
Thank you again for your kind reply
Wishing you a nice day

I just wanted to clarify that the MS hotfix actually does work --at
least it worked for me and you provide no real indication that it
didn't work for you.  The hotfix resolved problems of max memory
allocations dropping to about 700m-900m after installing SP2.  The
hotfix brought this back up to the usual ~1.2GB, which is consistent
with what could be done prior to SP2.

Michael Blasnik

Dr. Roberto Mura
Lecturer in Finance
The Manchester Accounting & Finance Group
Manchester Business School
University of Manchester
Crawford House, Oxford Road
Manchester