st: console Stata/SE OSX

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: console Stata/SE OSX
Date   Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:12:04 -0500

Chinh said

My first guess is that /usr/local/stata existed prior to installing the
new console version. Rename /usr/local/stata to /usr/local/stata7 (I'm
assuming you had the Stata 7 console version installed).

However, I couldn't reproduce the problem here at all (even after creating a
/usr/local/stata with Stata 7) so I'm not sure what the problem is. We
tested the installation on machines with no trace of /usr/local/stata*
so that might be the trick.

If that fixes it, let me know. /usr/local/stata comes before
/Applications/Stata in Stata's search path and I should've reversed the order.

-Chinh Nguyen

/usr/local/stata did not exist prior to attempting to install the new console version. I'm not sure how renaming the stata directory to stata would help (and indeed it does not). It still gives the error that stata.lic must be located in /usr/local/stata (which it is...)

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

*
* For searches and help try: