Stata for Windows
Stata for Windows includes
Stata for Windows software (list of supported platforms)
- PDF documentation, which includes
access to all the manuals in the printed documentation.
- You may purchase the printed Documentation Set, which includes
- Getting Started with Stata (for all 3 platforms)
- User’s Guide
- Base Reference Manual (4 volumes)
- Data-Management Reference Manual
- Graphics Reference Manual
- Longitudinal-Data/Panel-Data Reference Manual
- Mata Reference Manual (2 volumes)
- Multiple-Imputation Reference Manual
- Multivariate Statistics Reference Manual
- Programming Reference Manual
- Structural Equation Modeling Reference Manual
- Survey Data Reference Manual
- Survival Analysis and Epidemiological Tables Reference Manual
- Time-Series Reference Manual
- Quick Reference and Index
Stata for Windows comes in four flavors:
- Small Stata
For details, see Which Stata is right
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Stata is right for me?
- What versions of Windows is Stata compatible with?
Stata 12 for Windows will run under Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista,
Windows XP, and Windows Server versions. Stata 12 for Windows
will run on both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows.
- Can Stata take advantage of all the cores on my computer for extra
Yes; Stata/MP can perform calculations in parallel on 2 to 64
cores. Visit the Stata/MP details page
for more information.
- Can my copy of Stata run on both my Windows desktop and Mac laptop?
Yes. Stata licenses are not platform specific so you can use your license
to install Stata on any of the supported platforms.
- Does a guarantee come with Stata?
A 30-day, satisfaction or your money back, guarantee comes with your
Overview: Why use Stata?
New in Stata 12