Stat/Transfer can read and write the following popular file formats in
addition to the dozens of other supported formats:
- Stata version 12
- Excel 2010
- SAS CPORT datasets amd catalogs (read only)
- SAS PC/DOS 6.04 (read only)
- S-PLUS through version 7
- Delimited ASCII with a Stat/Transfer SCHEMA file
Stat/Transfer also handles fixed-format ASCII files.
Stat/Transfer reads and writes fixed-format ASCII with a Stat/Transfer
Stat/Transfer can write fixed-format ASCII data files accompanied
by programs that will read the data into popular statistical packages.
- Fixed-format ASCII with a Stata program
- Fixed-format ASCII with a SAS program
- Fixed-format ASCII with an SPSS program
Stat/Transfer Version 11 has added support for the following formats:
- Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) Schemas
- Minitab 14 (read only)
- MPLUS (write only)
- Open Document Spreadsheets
- SPSS through Version 19
- Stata 12
Stat/Transfer version 11 also includes the following capabilities
- New options for ASCII and text files.
You can now choose to skip rows at the top of a file. You can also
optionally read variable labels from the row after the field names,
typically the second row.
- Read variable labels from worksheet files.
You can now optionally read variable labels from the row following the
field names in worksheets.
- Time series options.
An extensive set of options are available for controlling how
time-series data are read from file formats such as RATS and how
time-series data are written to programs which expect rectangular data,
such as SAS and Stata.
- ODBC/Access date and time sensing.
You can now control the number of rows that are read to sense whether
date/time values in your database files should be read as dates, times
or date/time values.
- Improved character substitution.
When exact character matches are not possible in your output character
set, improved substitution algorithms usually find acceptable
alternatives for single-byte characters.
- New platforms.
Stat/Transfer is available in 64-bit Windows and on Solaris.
- Worksheet pages can be concatenated into one output file.
- The command processor now allows multiple input files to be combined
into one output file.
- Value label tags and sets can be preserved.
- SAS value labels can now be read from transport files, CPORT files,
datasets, and catalogs.
- JMP support has been expanded.
- Users can specify any delimiter for ASCII files and can combine
adjacent blank delimiters.
- Generated programs and ASCII files can now preserve input widths.
- In R and S-Plus, factors can now be converted to numeric variables with
labels or to string variables.
- The command processor now has a flexible syntax for specifying input
and output tables simultaneously.
- Support for longer string variables and longer value and variable
labels has been added so that Stat/Transfer is compatible with the
limits of all supported programs.
- A built-in logging and FTP facility is now available for
- Full compatibility with Microsoft Windows Vista.
Stat/Transfer 11 is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.
Full details of supported file formats and features are
available on the Stat/Transfer information page.